Oct 2015. Autumn service, rust prevention and tank fix

A Chrysler 300 backing out from the workshop to make room for a P1800. Normal service with oil change, oil and air filter.

Skärmavbild 2015-11-01 kl. 20.12.19

Plus various greasing here and there. My brake contact had gone bad so we also tried to check if there were some air in the pipes but it doesnt appear to have worked. Pedal still have to be hard pushed to make the break lights work. I have replaced that contact twice and it’s odd that it malfunction again as these contacts used to work for ages.

Also had some rust prevention done as described in this post fig 1 by spraying sticky oil into the beams. It drips for a while afterwords, good to know depending on where you place the car afterwards.

The clutch had been gripping a bit too high so that was adjusted. If the clutch itself is ok adjustment is pretty easy to do from the slave cylinder which is accessible through the front left wheel house. Two adjustment nuts are there for this purpose.

Skärmavbild 2015-11-01 kl. 21.16.17

In 2013 I switched tank in the car, the old from ’64 was rotten. Tanks are made in Taiwan these days. From day one I’ve had problems with leakage. There are three plugs in the tank, a large at the bottom, a medium at the lower left side and a smaller on mid up left side. After several adjustments the small one was still leaking, albeit very slow. So we turned to the old fashioned plummer way of fixing it. Flax and grease. Appear to have worked fingers crossed.

Skärmavbild 2015-11-01 kl. 21.05.17

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *