No updates here since spring 2016. Hope to catch up soon. In the meantime why not check out the P1800 group at DriveTribe, here it is:  

Jan 2016. New Old Mirrors. Round.

201601 Runda Speglar 900

It took some years but finally I found the identical mirrors that’s on the car – but round rather than square. They’re not too hard to find at ebay but they can be very expensive – beyond 1000€ is common for pairs in good condition. These were mint and more reasonably priced. They have identical mount and are originals …

Continue reading

Dec 2015. Collage from the chassi.reg.


Karl-Eric Målberg work hard to get images into the chassi registry. It has turned into a great source of detailed information about the P1800 but also many images available for 100’s if not 1000’s of cars still running. At a summer meet in Taxinge close to Stockholm K-E sneaked around and took some images of …

Continue reading

Oct 2015. Remake of iconic 1964 shot.

Skärmavbild 2015-11-01 kl. 22.00.10

A few original P1800 images glues themselves into the mind. One of them is a shot of a red ’64 in old town Stockholm, coming up from a narrow alley to the main square. During season this place is filled with tourists and the cafe’s in the buildings have big outdoor serving areas built on wooden platforms. But by late october these …

Continue reading

Sep 2015. Images from Montreal.

Skärmavbild 2015-09-18 kl. 22.54.44

There’s a lot of P1800-activity on Facebook where people ask questions and quickly get answers or suggestions on what to do. It has essentially replaced the old-style PHP-type of forums like it or not. In these groups a lot of images are posted from all around the world. Sometimes something …

Continue reading

Sep 2015. Rust prevention 1962

Skärmavbild 2015-09-09 kl. 23.28.06

I got a mail from a UK mail friend, also a P1800 owner who had done some driving in rainy weather. The previous owner of his car had filled the drain holes on the underside, dont know where or which but when opening almost a liter of water had poured out. That’s …

Continue reading

Sep 2015. Rosenhill car meet

Skärmavbild 2015-09-10 kl. 00.04.08

This gallery contains 5 photos.

Day started with fine weather. A MC-cafe 45 min drive south of Stockholm had announced a meet and me and a friend planned for a nice sunday trip. Mostly american cars just a few europeans among perhaps 60-70 cars. Then the rain came and many cars left. The upside was that it meant some …

Continue reading

Aug 2015. Taxinge Volvo meet

DSC00753 1500

Some shots from Taxinge 40 km south west of Stockholm. The Volvo Amazon, 140 and P1800 clubs had a meet with possibly some 100-150 cars meeting up in a sunny day. Did not count but perhaps just above 30 P1800’s. Many more Amazons and less 140’s. Reds and one gray. My gray …

Continue reading

Aug 2015. Grille Badge part II.

Skärmavbild 2015-08-25 kl. 22.31.54

Wasn’t too happy about the Swedish P1800 club badge so I did not fit it. Maybe later. In the meanwhile I found a chromed RAC-badge. RAC was the major British rally since the 30’s, usually won by various British cars like Jaguars, Triumphs and once Aston Martin (1956). But starting in the 60’s …

Continue reading